THE BIG CLIMB

THE BIG CLIMB
I Climbed it

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Posies

Untouched for a lifetime,
The statue stood firm
and unmoved.
Cold
to pearls
of wisdom
and
golden rules
of
her admirers and detractors,

She stood,
just watching

not aching, not thirsting
for the feel of the hand
that had
once created her

But
She remembered
she was sculpted
and carved
and chiseled
and painted

A hand had felt
and felt
and felt
and layered
and layered
and layered
to make her.

It has been
a lifetime now.
She doesn't wish
or brave
or sway anything

She just is.

++++++++++++++++++++
Molten fire
she gulped it.
Parched or famished
she is no more.

Burnt and charred
She is no phoenix
to rise from the ashes.

She sleeps there
quiet
Woken and flown
by the breeze
often

Only she knows
whether
its a flight
or surrender

=====


You'd left
whispering
au revoir.
I'd watched
the plane take off.

I knew you'd
looked down
hoping I was waving

I had waved
as I stood alone.

It had seemed
forever.

The drive
back home
was
in slow motion.

Weeks passed
waiting
for your mail.

A chat
here
and there later

Months passed
before
you wrote.

Yes,
I had cried
alone.

Tears
hidden from
friends and family

With an aching heart
I had waited.

Now
I hear
you'll be home
by th sea.

You'll meet them
who are
close to you.

You have lived
million lives
I hear.
Have seen you
climb
mountains
and swim torrents.

Life here
has marathoned.

Just a little
disintegrated.
It feels strange
that the one
who
was my soul
is
a stranger now
Or
so I am for you

Now I know
what
eternal love
was meant to be.

Perhaps
it was
the space
in
your soul.

Where
I would have
always survived

A touch that was
to remind you
that in you
I had
breathed
an eternity



Or perhaps
eternal love
is like santa claus
A wish
a hope
a child's wait

Fulfilled
by parents
and lovers
who can see
reindeers flying ...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome :-)
    Please keep writing.
    It's a pleasure to read your poem again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one. hope yr keeping warm and having lots of hot soup

    ReplyDelete